Friday, May 10, 2013

CAS 43: Hexagon and Christmas

Happy Saturday!
 
 
I am happy that I am able to make two cards for the HEXAGON challenge over at CASology for this week.

 
The first one is a simple Christmas card.


 
I used a pattern paper in which a Santa Clause was printed (I thought it's from My Mind's Eye 6*6 paper)and went the paper through my Big Shot with a hexagon die template from Papertrey Ink. To adhere the cutout frame to the base Kraft cardstock I used a two-way glue. It was a work that required my patience. 
  
 
 
The last touch I made was a bit of fun. 
In contrast to the neat and clean result of the hexagon die, the Santa paper was designed to be seen as worn-out and aged. So I added some aged effect on the Santa image by rolling some pieces up. Can you see that fun roll up? 
  
  
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
 
I have one more card to share with you in the next posting.
 
Sophia.   

 
  
 
   

3 comments:

  1. Sophia what a great Christmas card and of course I love the hexagon background. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a real vintage feel - this is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this Christmas card!! so clever... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete