Saturday, May 11, 2013

CAS 43: U and I, the special day

 
This card is my second attempt to the Hexagon challenge over at CASology.
 
 
 
"Thinking out of the box" is one of my goals as a crafter for this year.
 Whenever I made a card I reminded myself of that phrase and tried to apply it to the process of cardmaking. It is unable to be creative all the time but I know it is important to implant a seed of creative mind in each step of making a card.
 
 So a creative seed in me is telling me not to use hexagon die or stamp but to use other shapes that could possibly make hexagon. Do I have to use a triangle stamp? I tried several times with some stamps of triangle shapes but didn't get any satifactory results.
 
 
I ended up with this card.
 It didn't give me satisfaction either.
But I would like to give me a credit to the point that I tried to think out of the box.
 
 
The stamp set I used here is "Today Was" from Sweet Stamp shop.
When I saw a photo frame stamp with grid lines in it, my thought immediately went to draw a line to shape a hexagon. I was also thinking that the hexagon I created with hand drawing would be good for presenting a simple word like "U and I."   
 


As you see It is not a perfect shape because it's hand drawn hexagons over the grid lines.
It has some squiggly lines but the hexagons are good enough to celebrate our(U & I) "the" special day. :D
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog. 
Hope you have a good weekend. 
 
Sophia.     
   
     

2 comments:

  1. Very fun graphic design for the hexagon challenge. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this graphic design and that your hexes are handmade! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete